Old 19-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Kev Bailey

Default [IBC] Care of display stands

I was amazed at the apparently cavalier attitude to several hundred antique
stands in Kokofuten last February. These were all beauties and you would
think every effort to keep them pristine would be made. But no, the trees
were watered in-situ and runoff literally poured out and over the the stand
and table covers.

The only explanation I have gleaned is that these stands have been finished
to such a degree with many, many coats of black lacquer etc that they are
completely impervious to water damage.

I believe that the majority are hired, rather than bought, for the main
Japanese exhibition. I wouldn't like to take the risk of damaging a hired
antique item like that.

Best wishes

Kev Bailey

N Wales, UK, Zone 9

MSN Messenger 7.5 is now out. Download it for FREE here.
http://messenger.msn.co.uk

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++