Old 19-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default This is fall...

We are having toad thumpers today (t-storms and heavy rain), so we just
moved the Phal stands right up against the house to get them out of the
blowing water. Expect Phal spikes in a few weeks, as we have entered a
period in which there will be a suitable diurnal temp range to instigate
spiking.

The Vandas are loving the rain, as are reed stem Epis. Actually, most of the
'chids like a good soaking like this now and then; they seem to grow
overnight. Unless, that is, Wilma hits and spoils all the fun. Our house has
tons of glass, and tomorrow or Friday we will panel the most vulnerable
areas and make an enclosed safe space for the plants. They hate that! Too
many plants too close together, even if it's only for a few days. Not to
mention hauling them. Yuck. Maybe the forecast will change.

Oh, yeah - Epcs and Catts sending up sheaths and spikes.

Diana