Old 19-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Hwra. question

If it had a decent root system when you re-potted, and is growing new ones,
then I expect you'll be OK. Glad it's not an heirloom, tho G. Kenni

wrote in message
ups.com...
this is actually fairly recent sphag; i repotted the plant after i got
it home. (its original media had some sort of interesting wildlife in
it, i forget what.) it still gets squishy when watered, but that's
good to know....

the new growth has several roots of its own. i figured it was
acclimating to my conditions (all my new orchids do) but the flower
spikes kind of threw me.

ray--every orchid i've ever had in a clay pot has shrivelled up and
died. :-) for the most part my house is just too dry, apparently (ah
the joys of heat pumps).

thx all; i'll keep an eye on the thing and see what it does; it was a
sale plant at the AOS in DRB so if it croaks, i won't be too upset.
--j_a