Old 19-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Flying Echidna

Default Glyphosate

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:05:30 GMT, John Savage
wrote in aus.gardens:

I had a mix in my sprayer which had been there for some weeks. I used it to
spray some weeds a week ago and the weeds are still doing well. Which led
me to think that perhaps I should use the mixture immediately.

Rule #1 with glyphosate: always dilute to only half what the manufacturer
states on the side of the pack. I.E., use double strength to avoid anguish.

Ah glyphosate the gardeners friend! Don't agree with your dilution
recommendation. I have never had any trouble with the normal
recommended mix. The only time it has failed is if there was rain
within 24 hours of spaying.

BTW the cheap chinese versions seem to work just as well as the
expensive Roundup and cost about a third as much.

Regards
Prickles

This message only uses recycled electrons