Old 20-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Koitoy Koitoy is offline
Registered User

I have the full size but it looks to be the same- just bigger. You will folllow the instructions- so I will just give you tips. I would put the skimmer 1" higher then recommended. This is because of the location of the pump outlet hose hole (the one you drill). The hole is almost flush with the pond water level so water will leak thru if the level raises. You can use a uniseal or bulkhead- but I drilled for a 2" hole and the 2" bulkhead does not fit. Very cramped in there. I ended up making a pipe boot.

The weir doors close- but still let water thru. Posted this on another forum and many others have the same problem. So consider that if you plan to keep it shut for winter.

The screw holes should be sunk in slightly to get a leak free seal in the faceplate.

Keep some slack in your liner- in case the skimmer settles and needs to be raised up a little.

You can paint the top with some faux stone craft paint to make it blend in with your coping stones.

Hope this helps. Happy ponding.