Old 20-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Dave Sheehy

Default This is fall...

Susan Erickson ) wrote:
: On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:23:04 +0000 (UTC),
: (Dave Sheehy) wrote:
: ............... clipped...........................
: I attended the show in Sonoma last weekend and came away with a bunch of
: cool stuff. I bought a Cycnoches hybrid of some sort, an Aerangis citrata,
: and a Gongora fulva for my shadier growing area. I picked up a Cymbidium
: tracyanum for the front porch. And I got a Cattleya dowiana 'aurea' which
: I have to find a place for. Finally, I'm taking a chance on a Ghost Orchid
: just to see what it does. It's sitting in a Vanda basket where it gets light
: and can get misted regularly.
: ............... clipped...........................
: Dave

: Missed seeing you in Sonoma. We were there from Wed. night to
: Sat. noon.

I was there on Friday and took in most of the lectures. I scanned all the
badges I could see but didn't recognize any of the names. I was a walk in
so all I got was a wrist band, no name badge.

: Judged with Kath. Fun and a nice - nice sale. I
: promised to not buy. So I only came away with 4. Have to blame
: Bulbo Jersey. There was a great one in the show. I could not
: resist buying one from Cal-Orchids along with Ang elephaninum &
: Aerangis pumilio. After Alan Koch's talk I got Lc Kiritsubo.

There were a lot of different kinds of Bulbos for sale but I don't know the
group very well so I didn't buy any although I thought about a B. longissimum
But, it looks pretty similar to Eliz Ann 'Buckleberry' so I passed and
justified it by reasoning that I'd spent enough money already. :-)

Dave