Old 21-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Sacha

Default Problem:- Thuja Plicata Atrovirens

On 20/10/05 11:06 pm, in article ,
"john Smith" wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply

I can appreciate the water problem, as during the summer there wasn't much
rain in manchester

i know that maybe hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although since the beginning of september I think we may have our fair
share.

If they are dehydrated will they recover?

As long as they get water they should recover, from what I can gather (I'm
no expert on this!) We have a couple of very old trees of this type and
one, in particular, always looks horribly tatty at this time of year and
always recovers.
snip
I wouldn't be too sure that winter will deal with the red spider mite - or
not over-confident, anyway. In the past, I have planted these and had
repeated infestations of red spider mite which eventually killed very young
trees. Maybe I was just unlucky but I would keep an eye out for them.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk