Old 21-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Gilly

Default Pernettya

"Emrys Davies" wrote in ...
Could someone describe the difference between the flowers of a male
and female pernettya (the one with the pink or white or purple

berries)?

But AIUI they're spring-flowering, so I would only expect a very few
flowers ATM, if any.

Hi, Chris, thanks for your reply. From your description it sounds like I
have 2 male plants because the flowers have a circle of little thingies with
pollen on (but they also both have a pointy stalk in the middle, so I'm
still not quite sure). Perhaps I should try and take a close up of the
flower's inside and put it on my website.

And yes, both plants have loads of flowers on them right now which is very
weird because, as you say, they're spring flowering (they also flowered last
spring). 2 flushes of flowers but not a single berry!

Thanks,