Old 22-10-2005, 05:33 PM
~ jan jjspond

Default Retro-fitting a Savio Skimmer?

problem. Other people in this area have the "Atlantic" skimmer and they
don't drain their ponds down for winter and I don't want to either
Gale :~)

If it is due to ice cracking the skimmer (or the worry thereof) you could
always put a stock tank heater near the skimmer and plug it in during
extreme cold to keep the skimmer ice free..... At least that is what I do.

I found even with slow flow the no nitch skimmer will get a skim of ice
around it... mainly because it pulls some water between the moving floating
ring and the stationary pot. I plug in the skimmer for an hour and 2 and
that will take care of the ice. MMMV depending on the weather. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website