Old 22-01-2003, 07:24 AM
Cerumen

Default gardents near Cork?

"VivienB" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:21:00 -0000, "K" wrote:

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
: I am off to a health spa at Inchydoney Island near Cork next week, are
: there are gardens worth a visit nearby?
: --
: Judith Lea
I seem to recall there is a cookery school in that area which is

supposed to
have a garden worth looking at. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mentioned in Telegraph special on Saturday:
Ballymaloe House
Shanagarry, Midleton, Co. Cork
Comments made:
"This large, well-established operation - which includes a hotel,
farm, cookery school and restaurant - is a significant part of the
Irish gastronomic scene.
The chef is Darina Allen, who some here will have heard of.

Her husband being Tim Allen who has just been convicted of possession of
child pornography here which has caused quite a stir.
I live very near Inchydoney Island and while my garden is rather a
wasteland Bantry House, an hour away, slightly further beyond Bantry is
Garnish Island with it's Italian garden; and Fota Wildlife Park near Cork,
again about
an hours drive are well worth visiting but maybe not at their best at this
time of year.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork