Old 21-01-2003, 09:27 AM
Judith Lea

Default gardents near Cork?

I am off to a health spa at Inchydoney Island near Cork next week, are
there are gardens worth a visit nearby?
--
Judith Lea
Old 21-01-2003, 10:19 AM

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
: I am off to a health spa at Inchydoney Island near Cork next week, are
: there are gardens worth a visit nearby?
: --
: Judith Lea

Old 21-01-2003, 10:21 AM

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
: I am off to a health spa at Inchydoney Island near Cork next week, are
: there are gardens worth a visit nearby?
: --
: Judith Lea

I seem to recall there is a cookery school in that area which is supposed to
have a garden worth looking at. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Old 21-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Judith Lea

In article , K
writes
I seem to recall there is a cookery school in that area which is supposed to
have a garden worth looking at. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Cookery schools I can do well without!!
--
Judith Lea
Old 21-01-2003, 12:38 PM
VivienB

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:21:00 -0000, "K" wrote:

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
: I am off to a health spa at Inchydoney Island near Cork next week, are
: there are gardens worth a visit nearby?
: --
: Judith Lea

I seem to recall there is a cookery school in that area which is supposed to
have a garden worth looking at. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mentioned in Telegraph special on Saturday:
Ballymaloe House
Shanagarry, Midleton, Co. Cork
Reservations 00 353 21 465 2531 (that includes code from UK)

Comments made:
"This large, well-established operation - which includes a hotel,
farm, cookery school and restaurant - is a significant part of the
Irish gastronomic scene.

Cuisine: Seasonal
House wine from £12
Set lunch £16-£21
Set dinner £36
Plus: Big-scale but intimate
Minus: When it rains here it really rains.

The chef is Darina Allen, who some here will have heard of.

VivienB

Old 21-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"VivienB" wrote in message

Mentioned in Telegraph special on Saturday:
Ballymaloe House
Shanagarry, Midleton, Co. Cork
Reservations 00 353 21 465 2531 (that includes code from UK)

Comments made:
"This large, well-established operation - which includes a hotel,
farm, cookery school and restaurant - is a significant part of the
Irish gastronomic scene.

Cuisine: Seasonal
House wine from £12
Set lunch £16-£21
Set dinner £36
Plus: Big-scale but intimate
Minus: When it rains here it really rains.

The chef is Darina Allen, who some here will have heard of.

VivienB

Yes indeed, a very famous restaurant. It was started by Darina's
mother-in-law, Molly Allen, many years ago.

Judith, if you get as far as Glengariff there are lovely gardens on
Garnish Island. This time of the year though you wouldn't see it at
its best.

Have a great time :-)

Regards
Iris

Old 21-01-2003, 01:08 PM
Judith Lea

In article , Barry & Iris McCanna
writes
Yes indeed, a very famous restaurant. It was started by Darina's
mother-in-law, Molly Allen, many years ago.

Judith, if you get as far as Glengariff there are lovely gardens on
Garnish Island. This time of the year though you wouldn't see it at
its best.

Thanks to all for that info, I will certainly try and visit both places
in between being stretched and pummelled!!
--
Judith Lea
Old 22-01-2003, 07:24 AM
Cerumen

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
: I am off to a health spa at Inchydoney Island near Cork next week, are
: there are gardens worth a visit nearby?
: --
: Judith Lea
I seem to recall there is a cookery school in that area which is

supposed to
have a garden worth looking at. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mentioned in Telegraph special on Saturday:
Ballymaloe House
Shanagarry, Midleton, Co. Cork
Comments made:
"This large, well-established operation - which includes a hotel,
farm, cookery school and restaurant - is a significant part of the
Irish gastronomic scene.
The chef is Darina Allen, who some here will have heard of.

Her husband being Tim Allen who has just been convicted of possession of
child pornography here which has caused quite a stir.
I live very near Inchydoney Island and while my garden is rather a
wasteland Bantry House, an hour away, slightly further beyond Bantry is
Garnish Island with it's Italian garden; and Fota Wildlife Park near Cork,
again about
an hours drive are well worth visiting but maybe not at their best at this
time of year.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 23-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Steve Harris

Muckross House near Killarney town. More of a country estate than a
garden. Quite magical

Old 24-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Judith Lea

In article , Barry & Iris McCanna
writes
I lived near Muckross for years. It is stunning, but the best time is
the spring when the rhododendrons and azaleas are in full bloom. The
Lakes are always wonderful, but winter is quite stark, though
beautiful and dramatic.

Wow, I shall need a month there just to visit the surrounding area.
Thanks for the info, I shall try and visit some in between being
pampered.
--
Judith Lea

Cork Oak Tasha United Kingdom 0 21-08-2003 09:32 AM
Cork Oak Tasha Gardening 0 21-08-2003 08:42 AM
[IBC] Black spots on my cork bark elm leaves. Please help Manuel A Chavez Bonsai 1 07-07-2003 02:12 PM
baby born cork oak Theo Bonsai 0 09-05-2003 06:45 PM
Thinking of using a cork background for your aquarium? Wraith Freshwater Aquaria Plants 13 20-04-2003 06:17 AM