Old 23-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Moss on Driveway

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:56:15 +0000 (UTC), "Trefor Jones"
wrote:

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Will" wrote in message
Can anyone point me to a cheap moss killer for my block paved
driveway, I've been to Homebase / B&Q etc but most moss killers
there are for the lawn. I've tried ordinary weedkiller but it
won't work. Will something like watered down Domestos or similar
do the job?

Thanks

I recommend Jeyes Fluid. Follow the directions on the tin.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Jeys Fluid is excellent but does pong. Try Fungo Moss killer.

I agree, JF pongs for weeks of a chemical toilet (if you know what
that smells like) and it may also stain your blockwork.

Yes, dilute bleach does work, but nothing will keep it away for

ever.

That's the downside of the upside of gardening. You provide the
environment, the life-form will thrive. This includes moss, green
slime, ants, and probably evil spirits. We can manipulate the
environment only so far, and no further. On balance, I like it that
way.

--
Mike.