Old 22-01-2003, 10:53 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Frogs (was Millions Infected...)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:22:08 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Ooo, I forgot to say that yesterday there was a frog orgy going on in my
pond. Either those frogs know something I don't about the weather, or they
are *really* optimistic...

I attended graduate school in Rochester, New York from 1965 to
1970. Rochester, like Albany whence Gary Woods posts, has long,
cold, snowy winters. Very long, very cold, and *very* snowy,
being 100 miles or so downwind from Lake Erie. Yet every spring,
the "spring peepers" (small treefrogs) would start their shouting
when the weather was still downright vile outside. It always
lifted my heart to hear their uproar, because it said "spring
isn't far away".

Yes, those frogs know something about the weather.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada