Old 25-10-2005, 12:31 PM
eeyore

Default white speckles on leaves

Thanks Ray,

I'll try that and look closer to see if I can see any insect activity.
Have a good day.

"Ray" wrote in message
It's awfully hard to diagnose accurately based upon only that description,
but I'd guess some sort of insect or mite attack.

My first attempt at a "home remedy" would be to spray the affected plants
thoroughly with straight isopropyl rubbing alcohol, repeating every three
days for about three or four times.

"eeyore" wrote in message
Hello,

Sorry I can't post photos, but I'm wondering if anyone could identify
what would cause a white, almost powdery look, on the top of the leaves.
This leads to yellow leaves or black blotches on the leaves and then a
dropping of all the leaves. Roots look fine, but not sure what chance I
have with nothing but roots.

Started with my phal's but is expanding to all varieties. Very hot
summer here so at first I assumed it was sunburn, but since it continues
into the fall, it has to be something else.

Hope someone can help, I'm not a scientific grower, just been having a
lot of fun buying orchids that have dropped their blooms for a cheap
price, and getting them to rebloom. I was doing great, until whatever
this is took over.

Thanks!