Old 24-01-2003, 10:57 AM
flake

Default sunflowers and slugs

Thanks Kay and Sacha for the other plant suggestions that will attract birds
(cosmos, lavender, rosa rugosa, holly). My garden is 30 years old and in
need of a rehash. We've already cleared out one border of overgrown shrubs
and I want to improve the soil and clear out the bindweed before replanting
with anything permanant. This year I'm planning annuals and maybe some
movable perennials, plus lots of organic material and mulching. I'll add
cosmos to my seed order and make note of the others for when I come to
replant. BTW, I have a list of slug-resistant annuals and periennials, and
cosmos is on it - hurray !

All the best, Diane