Old 25-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Steven

Default What is "Smart Board" siding ??

I believe he was talking about smartside siding by Louisiana - Pacific.
I've use it on a few homes, and do like it. The installation is similar to
masonite (ughh..), but it looks a lot better and seems to be higher in
quality. My framers like it much better than hardiboard, and I like the
look of it better than hardiboard. I am sure you can google "smartside
siding" and get quite a few hits on it.

S.

"James" wrote in message

After about a year of trying to deal with Heartland Sheds, I think I will
have a private storage shed contractor build me a shed. (Heartland
recently sold out, and now I have heard they went bankrupt. They did
market
nice sheds).

The contractor said that instead of T-1 11 (is that it?) he would use
"Smart Board." He indicated it is sealed better at the bottom edge, and
would not wick up moisture. He said it would look virtually the same as
T-1 11 regular siding.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about "Smart Board"??

(I did Google this before I bothered this group, but I can't seem to get a
helpful site).

It is real wood, similar to regular siding, with special treatment ??
Does
it look as good as conventional siding, and last as long or longer ??

Does this product look like board and batten ??

Thanks for any comments to this green question.

--James--