Old 26-10-2005, 08:06 AM
michael adams

Default "The Bull Ring"

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message
Can someone please settle an arguement. What is the defined area of

"The
Bull Ring", what is the oldest 'building' in the area and when was the
foundation stone laid?

Is Andy Mabbett about, he should know the answers? (Cross posted to

groups
Andy frequents)

No I don't know the answers, but I am witness to some heated

arguements.

Mike

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ry&btnG=Go og
le+Search&meta=

On the first site Carl Chinn gives an interesting video talk on the
history of the Bullring and I think that he more-or-less answers your
queries.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Alternatively, the following should be sufficient to satisfy anyone
who's curiosity was mildly aroused by the question, as was mine.

quote

How it all started

In the 16th century a man called John Cooper was given the right to
bait bulls at a site opposite St Martins Church, this became known
as the Bull Ring.

/quote

http://tinyurl.com/8z95p

was -