Old 25-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Mike

Default "The Bull Ring"

Can someone please settle an arguement. What is the defined area of "The
Bull Ring", what is the oldest 'building' in the area and when was the
foundation stone laid?

Is Andy Mabbett about, he should know the answers? (Cross posted to groups
Andy frequents)

No I don't know the answers, but I am witness to some heated arguements.

Mike

Old 25-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Malcolm Kane

In message , Mike
writes
Can someone please settle an arguement. What is the defined area of "The
Bull Ring", what is the oldest 'building' in the area and when was the
foundation stone laid?

Is Andy Mabbett about, he should know the answers? (Cross posted to groups
Andy frequents)

No I don't know the answers, but I am witness to some heated arguements.

Mike

Personally I haven't a clue but as regard the oldest building I would
suspect St Martins in the Bull ring (Church) at least I seem to remember
that's what it is called.
--
Malcolm Kane
Old 26-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Emrys Davies

"Mike" wrote in message
Can someone please settle an arguement. What is the defined area of

"The
Bull Ring", what is the oldest 'building' in the area and when was the
foundation stone laid?

Is Andy Mabbett about, he should know the answers? (Cross posted to

groups
Andy frequents)

No I don't know the answers, but I am witness to some heated

arguements.

Mike

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

On the first site Carl Chinn gives an interesting video talk on the
history of the Bullring and I think that he more-or-less answers your
queries.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Old 26-10-2005, 08:06 AM
michael adams

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message
Can someone please settle an arguement. What is the defined area of

"The
Bull Ring", what is the oldest 'building' in the area and when was the
foundation stone laid?

Is Andy Mabbett about, he should know the answers? (Cross posted to

groups
Andy frequents)

No I don't know the answers, but I am witness to some heated

arguements.

Mike

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ry&btnG=Go og
le+Search&meta=

On the first site Carl Chinn gives an interesting video talk on the
history of the Bullring and I think that he more-or-less answers your
queries.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Alternatively, the following should be sufficient to satisfy anyone
who's curiosity was mildly aroused by the question, as was mine.

quote

How it all started

In the 16th century a man called John Cooper was given the right to
bait bulls at a site opposite St Martins Church, this became known
as the Bull Ring.

/quote

http://tinyurl.com/8z95p

was -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/your...ng/bullring_hi
story.shtml

michael adams

Old 27-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Colin Jacobs

Mabbet only knows about the BULLSHIT Ring!
Colin
Tunbridge Wells.

Old 27-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Christina Websell

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
Mabbet only knows about the BULLSHIT Ring!
Colin
Tunbridge Wells.

What do you mean?

Tina

Old 30-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Mike

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
Mabbet only knows about the BULLSHIT Ring!
Colin

When Mabbett was employed by Birmingham City Council, he had his finger on
the spot for finding out such information I was seeking.

However, the information supplied has been forwarded and whether the
arguement/discussion has been satisfied I don't know. It was just that I
offered to 'Ask a man who can'.

Anybody seen or heard of Mabbett lately? He seems to have disappeared off
the scene.

Mike

Old 06-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Spud

"Mike" wrote in message
Anybody seen or heard of Mabbett lately? He seems to have disappeared off
the scene.

Oh I've heard he's still on the "scene"....ahem.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Christina Websell

"Spud" wrote in message
k...

"Mike" wrote in message
Anybody seen or heard of Mabbett lately? He seems to have disappeared off
the scene.

Oh I've heard he's still on the "scene"....ahem.

Which means what?

Old 07-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Spud

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Which means what?

That a pretty mouth you've got there Sister...do me a favour, keep it shut
and make my dinner.

Froglets - Green or Bull is the question Heather Ponds 1 22-08-2003 06:09 AM
We have a baby Bull Frog Steve and Lisa Ponds 2 09-08-2003 06:12 PM
Bull Frogs Heather Ponds 4 04-06-2003 05:56 AM
FROGS - Bull Frogs, Leopard Frogs, Spring Peepers (Was BullFrogs) Heather Ponds 1 03-06-2003 06:20 PM
Bull Frogs...joke...a little bit in bad taste Jerrispond Ponds 3 03-06-2003 04:32 AM