Old 26-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Srgnt Billko

Default Where can I get a used lawn tractor engine?

wrote in message
ps.com...
"Why take a chance on a used one? I'd rebuild mine."

If you saw the old one you'd understand. We uh, had a little problem
with it.

We pulled it off (only took about 1/2 hour) and my father -in-law (ex
mechanic) pulled it apart, there's a broken rod among other problems.

I'd love to find an old lawn tractor for $100, but again, where do I
look? I just did a search on Ebay, got one result which looked
promising until I discovered I'd have to pick it up in Oklahoma.

Don't be so hung up on eBay. I find them in local classifieds, in front of
homes with for sale signs on them, on a local radio buy & sell program, on
supermarket bulletin boards, at yard sales, and at the local Old Time Power
Club flea market.