Old 27-10-2005, 02:17 AM
Carol-Ann

Default Winter comes, Katrina passes and rec.ponds begins to snooze

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
Mississippi is starting to have freezes. The pond is clearly going to
sleep.

## It's getting cold here as well. The ponds are down to 54F. The fish are
losing interest in food. I'll by shutting the pumps down in a week or two.
The filters will be cleaned and put away.

It appears the newsgroup is doing the same. We have adopted a simple
policy
about posts: If a post has more than one ng receiving it, we block the
sender. It becomes very easy to interact with our fellow ponders this
way.

## Excellent idea. In OE I added a handful of key words and the NG is
almost empty. :-)

Our son had a house in New Orleans...about 1/2 mile from the levy break on
tv...downhill from it. It sat for 3 weeks in 8 1/2 feet of water. It
will
be bulldozed soon. Not fun.

## I hope he had insureance.

Merry winter to y'all!

## Same to you.
--

Carol McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: