Old 26-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Tree identificaction + photos

NikV wrote:
Hi
A couple of months ago I asked for a tree identification - planted
close to MIL's house - 2m at the time the only thing that fitted

was
a eucalyptus I didn't have any pictures - here they are - its only
about 3 years since it was planted and already its as tall as the
peak. Can anyone confirm the id and comment on how much structural
damage is likely to occur given its location

http://www.npkjlvenn.demon.co.uk/lindas.html

Yes, definitely a eucalyptus...my books are boxed, so I won't risk a
guess at the species, but I know I had one among my other gum trees
in Wales. I wouldn't want it near my house, thanks; but I don't
actually know what damage it might do.

--
Mike.