Old 28-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Superthrive

Mike Bennett wrote:
You will get NO benefits from Superthrive that you won't get from otherwise
good horticultural practices. That means, adequate water, NPK and trace
elements. Punct!

And your evidence is?

Things I grow -- not just bonsai. They're healthy, green,
flowering, fruiting, tasty. And not a drop of S'thrive, or
Roots I through XXV, or ANY vitamin, or even STP, :-) is
added to the 15-0-15 (garden) and 10-10-10 or 2-5-5 + trace
elements (bonsai) fertilizers I use.

and

Science that says vitamin B is harmful (check our archives
for sources -- others and I have cited them in the past, and
I don't want to extend this silliness too much longer).

I agree there is a lot of secrecy about Superthrive, but there is a lot of
secrecy about many products, it's called proprietary information. Give that
away, everyone goes off and makes it and you lose your market. It's common
practice among many companies.

It seems to be more than that. It's apparent refusal to
submit for govt. labeling requirements. Patents would cover
the ingredients list.

Anyway, the guy asked. I gave my more-or-less standard
snake-oil answer.

What he spends his money for now, is up to him.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of
nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you (that) the
berries are just about all gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++