Old 28-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Richard Brooks

Default The Big Dig - BBC Update

Saxman wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:19:48 +0000 (UTC), Robert wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'The Big Dig'.

I understand you are disappointed that the programme was dropped from the
schedule recently.

I chatted to my pal today about this and he has written to the BBC about
the dropping of the program. Apparently it was dropped becuase of an
insufficient viewing audience. Whenever was gardening supposed to compete
with other programmes like soaps?

Or shite with no educational...sorry, you said that already!

At least the BBC is trying to get away from programmes that are purely
for entertainment value with any remit to education removed for those
who believe that when you leave school, there is no more learning to do.

You may laugh people, but there are those who believe that tv is just
for sitting there, watching all the pretty colours and feeling better
about themselves after watching people being shouted at or put down in
some way.

Richard.