Old 28-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Robert

Default The Big Dig - BBC Update

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'The Big Dig'.

I understand you are disappointed that the programme was dropped from the
schedule recently.

We have decided to take 'The Big Dig' out of the schedule on BBC TWO daytime
for now. The programme did not do as well as we had hoped in the slot which
is possibly due to the time of year and the weather. We will look to
reschedule the programme at a later date in a more appropriate slot.

While exact transmission details are yet to be confirmed, when available
they will be printed in the Radio Times and on our TV listings websites:

http://www.radiotimes.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/

I appreciate that this may be of some disappointment to you and understand
how such schedule changes can affect the enjoyment of BBC for our viewers.
Therefore, please be assured that your comments have been registered and
added to a daily log that is made available to 'The Big Dig' production
team, the Scheduling Department, and Senior BBC Management. Your feedback is
more than welcome and will help shape future programming decisions.

In the meantime you may be interested in visiting the following website for
information and handy tips on gardening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/

I hope this information proves useful to you and once again, thank you for
taking the time to contact us with the strength of your concerns.

Regards

Paul Kettle
BBC Information
______________________________________
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ - World Wide Wonderland

Old 28-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Saxman

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:19:48 +0000 (UTC), Robert wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'The Big Dig'.

I understand you are disappointed that the programme was dropped from the
schedule recently.

I chatted to my pal today about this and he has written to the BBC about
the dropping of the program. Apparently it was dropped becuase of an
insufficient viewing audience. Whenever was gardening supposed to compete
with other programmes like soaps?
Old 28-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Richard Brooks

Saxman wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:19:48 +0000 (UTC), Robert wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'The Big Dig'.

I understand you are disappointed that the programme was dropped from the
schedule recently.

I chatted to my pal today about this and he has written to the BBC about
the dropping of the program. Apparently it was dropped becuase of an
insufficient viewing audience. Whenever was gardening supposed to compete
with other programmes like soaps?

Or shite with no educational...sorry, you said that already!

At least the BBC is trying to get away from programmes that are purely
for entertainment value with any remit to education removed for those
who believe that when you leave school, there is no more learning to do.

You may laugh people, but there are those who believe that tv is just
for sitting there, watching all the pretty colours and feeling better
about themselves after watching people being shouted at or put down in
some way.

Richard.
Old 29-10-2005, 11:09 AM
JennyC

"Robert" wrote in message
Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'The Big Dig'.
I understand you are disappointed that the programme was dropped from the
schedule recently.

snip
Paul Kettle
BBC Information

Gosh !!
I never thought they would reply :~))
Maybe the show will get back on the air after all :~)
Jenny