Old 30-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Ray

Default Light Reflector?

Of course it does.

A bulb - unless it has it's own reflector - puts out light from its entire
circumference. The light emanating from those parts of the bulb not facing
the plant can only get to them by reflecting off of some surface, and a
reflector.does so the most efficiently.

If your growing area has a white ceiling, that will reflect some, but the
inverse-square law means the amount actually reaching the plants off of it
is probably negligible.

"sandra" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was wondering, does a light reflector may any difference on how much
light a plant recieves, I was just curious because I bought a few light
fixtures without reflectors for winter
-Thanks