Old 30-10-2005, 09:55 PM
The Webbers / Hilltop Cycle

Default seeding your own lawn ?

"Brigitte" wrote in message

"The Webbers / Hilltop Cycle" wrote in message
Here in Iowa i, it is going to be winter sometime soo. Has anyone ever

just
put seed on the ground before winter and let is soak down into the ground
over winter ? Any success ? I am new at this lawn seeding process and how

need to do it ? How do I have to prepare the ground to be successful ? I
have a large yard and can't pay a professional to do it.
Thanks,
Raz

Hi Raz,
I'm in Nebraska and would like to seed my lawn in the same way you
describe.
I'm a nurse, and work rotating shifts and would like to overseed my lawn,
but don't have a lot of time to do it. I'd like to be able to rake up my
leaves and put down seed and hope that it comes up in the spring. I just
don't have a lot of time to spend on prep, but my lawn is getting sparse,
and a lot of weeds are allowed to come in.

Hoping someone can chime in and tell us if this is possible.

Thanks,
Brigitte

Brigitte,

Sounds about like our family, my lawn is only 2 years old and in rural Iowa
so I have been fighting weeds and thistles.
I also hope someone can tell us if this will work.
Raz