Old 31-10-2005, 05:01 AM
HC

Default Persimmon question

G'day Paul

Not sure, but wondering if they need a pollinator, therefore Type A & B?
Obviously not, on your Nightingal and Tanaenashi, but possibly on the
Fuyu? I'm just guessing but maybe someone with more knowledge can help.
I did plant a Persimmon some years ago for the autumn colours, it
fruited like crazy but as we didn't like the fruit, a local SDA lady
used to come and get it. Can't think which variety it was though.

Bronwyn ;-)

Paul wrote:
G'day Gardeners,

I'm keen on persimmons so have planted 3 types in the backyard.

One the the varieties - Fuyu - states it is a "type A". Since buying
Fuyu I have noticed some nurseries selling Fuyu type B.

Does anyone know the difference?

This is its third season in the ground and still no flowers. The other
two varieties (Nightingale and Tanaenashi) cant stop flowering and I
have to de-bud the poor little saplings to save their lives otherwise
they would put all their energy into making fruit and then kark-it.

Will my Fuyu A flower?

Thanks,

Paul