Old 31-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Bourne Identity

Default mini tiller

If you only need a small one to cultivate soil Ryobi makes a nice
multi-task unit. I have it and along with the base I bought the
cultivator, blower, edger and it came with the string trimmer.

It won't till fresh soil which hasn't been worked, but it does a great
job at cultivation of soil which has already been ammended. It is
strong enough to rip down virgin areas of soil, but it's not intended
to do that. I have mine for about 8 years and it is still working.
It's also electric so no need to struggle with gas/oil mixtures or
pull starting.

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:04:45 GMT, "TLR"
wrote:

Hi Everyone - Not many posts lately....everybody must be outside working in
the garden!

I've been thinking of buying a mini tiller - like the Mantis, but I don't
want to spend that much money ($300)

I used to have one in a previous life that I really liked because it did the
job I expected, but it was SO incredibly loud - like one of those kid's
minibikes that go screaming down the street. It also smoked like crazy even
though I mixed the fuel according to directions.

Does anyone else have a mini tiller that they like? I don't want/need a
large one so let's not go there

Thanks!
Teri