Old 02-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Ted Richardson

Default wish i knew

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: Ted Richardson wrote:
: Squirrel buried peanuts??
:
: Nah... squirrels have been doing this in my garden for years, not one
: germinated. Bet I've got 40 years old burried peanuts in there,
: somewhere. Honestly, have you seen one germinating?
:
Yeh... I've had at least half dozen growing in the lawn each year,
that get mown off at an early age. I have also have to remove seedlings
from the pots in the garden, and at the moment I have 3 growing in with
the tomatoes in the ring culture pots in the greenhouse.
Last year I nurtured 2, they grew to about a foot high, flowered but then
flagged
and died off, along with my hopes of becoming a successful peanut farmer and
President of the United States.
The lady next door feeds a bagful to the little sods, most of which get
buried
in my garden.

Ted.