Old 03-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Carol-Ann

Default Rebuilding 'veggie filter'

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Good point about what happens if they get nibbled. Our hyacinths are in a
veggie filter...no nibbles. Our irises grow fast, but not in comparison.

The pickerel weed and parrots feather squeeze them out in my veggie
filter/settling tank set-up. These pickerel weed are so huge and so
intermingled with the parrots feather and intake pipe in the veggie tank I
don't know how we're going to remove them. This year is the biggest they
ever grew.
--
Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: