Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Question on Motion Detectors

"geezer" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 23:23:07 GMT, wrote:

"- Tom -" wrote in message
Motion detectors used on their own in a circuit, such as in an area
intrusion system or burglar alarm, will always work while the system is
armed.
Motion detectors used in conjunction with a day/night electric eye,

of
the type used in outdoor floodlights, will work only when the electric

eye
senses that the ambient light is low enough to turn on the floodlight.

The
motion detector and the electric eye are in effect two switches wired

in
series between the source power and the floodlight. If either switch is

open
then the floodlight remains off.

Agreed. So just bypass the electric eye and it will work 24/7 4 U.

Thanks

My concern was that I installed one this noon and it lit the light
ONCE. Then never again. Maybe tonight after dark, I will know the
answer for sure.

Test it anytime by covering the eye with dark tape.