Old 04-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Mike

Default Whether it will or weather it won't!

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tumbleweed" wrote
from what I read they said 'coldest in the last 10 years'. Which isnt

that
cold. Not sure where he got the 62/3 from, unless thats been

misreported.

snipped

I vividly recall the winter, especially roundabout Xmas, of 1962/3
the snow in Stevenage has up to one knees........my then boyfriend

struggled
over on his bike from a nearby village with my present ..... :~)

Stats and pictures at:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mtullett/1962-63/index.htm

Jenny

Interesting that you had snow at Christmas. We were in Leicester during this
Winter and the bad weather started with a severe and very white frost on
Boxing Day 1962. The snow came later, but the temperature didn't go above
freezing until nearly Easter and it felt quite warm then!!

Mike