Old 27-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Pete The Gardener

Default Pete's unknown Cymbidium

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 01:09:56 +0000, wrote:

Pete,

It looks very much like the hybrid 'Angelica' and the flower spike
length you cite seems to back this up. Its a lovely thing which I
grew quite a few years ago with great success in a cold greenhouse.

I've not been able to find a pic of 'Angelica' so I couldn't check,
but I should add that when in full flower the flower spikes are about
6 or 700mm long. With luck it should be flowering again in about 6
weeks to 2 months, though if we get more warm weather it could be
sooner, it seems to stop developing when it gets below about 6 or 8C
and they're talking about cold and snow again later this week:-(

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.