Old 04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
John Varigos

Default Visit to Dallas

Thanks Eric

I will contact Gunther and the Fair Park looks like a must do.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
John,

I've been to Gunther's Greenhouse, in a suburb north of Dallas. He had a
large hybrid operation and a small but nice collection of species he'd
bought of someone. I bought a few dockrillias and brought them back to SF.
Sadly, that was in The Early Days of my orchid addiction and I killed one
of them and donated the other to OrchidMania. This was about 5 years ago,
but his website looks current: http://www.gunters.com/

I don't recall much about the Botanical Gardens in Dallas - but a visit to
the Fair Park:

http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas...formation.html

is definitely in order - the art deco theme through the entire planned
development is stunning. There are amazing large-scale murals painted on
many of the buildings.

-Eric in SF, who lived in Austin in the late 90s
www.orchidphotos.org

"John Varigos" wrote in message
I am travelling to Dallas/Fort Worth next week and was wondering what the
botanic garden was like for orchids or if there are any decent nurseries
or clubs I can contact to see local orchid collections?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

John

--