Old 05-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Jen

Default aphid plague on nasturtiums

I have nasturtiums growing under my roses. I love nasturtiums and it's the
only place I have left to grow them. A couple of months ago I noticed some
aphids on the roses, as of course they always get, but I hadn't got around
to spraying them yet. Yesterday the nasturtiums looked really sad and
seemed to be covered with aphids. Today I pulled the nasturtiums out, and I
was absolutely amazed at how many aphids were around. There were great
clumps of them. Looks like they were mainly under the leaves, but kept
breeding. There were also heaps of caterpillars. I don't know what I'm
going to be able to do with them when they grow back, it's just too many
nasturtiums to spray. Does anybody have any ideas?

Jen