Old 06-11-2005, 03:19 AM
bobc

Default Oncidium Twinkle - white

HI Ray! I don't think I have one of the original plants of that grex.
In fact my particular plant was purchased at the Philadelphia flower
show last year from Parkside. It was a very healthy 4"pot. After it
was done flowering, I divided it into five pots and now each of them is
growing and flowering!!!
The label that came with the plant is : Onc. Twinkle - white
I knew of 'Fragrance Fantasy' and originally thought all Twinkle's
were fragrant.
My questions were from trying to get a handle on how my plant was
related to the original cross. I persist in thinking of plant
relationships in human terms - parent/child, siblings, cousins, etc.
and was just curious.
Another thing I learned from your answer was that a Twinkle x Twinkle
cross would also be Twinkle - If asked, I would have guessed it would
have been given a new grex name, since only Onc cheirophorum x Onc
ornithorynchum could be called Twinkle.
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa.