Old 07-11-2005, 12:03 AM

Default different looking rose on an own roots rose

Help! I've noticed on a branch of my "Duchesse de Brabant" that there
is a strange rose. It is a single blossom with petals that are white
towards the eye and dark pink/red towards the edges. This is an own
root's rose and the branch in question is coming out at the same place
as all the other canes. The pictures in my Ortho book that look the
closest to the flower are the "Betty Prior," "Carefree Wonder," "Pink
Meidiland," and "Red Meidiland." Any ideas of what is going on?
Thanks.
Beth
Central VA zone 7