Old 06-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Phil L

Default Ground Beatle?

middleton.walker wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
middleton.walker wrote:
"david taylor" wrote in message
Useful beetles- including the violet garden beetle, devil's
coachhorse and ladybirds have a pair of pincer like mandibles
designed to scissor into prey.
Weevils have a long probiscos or snout so that they can suck juices
from a plant. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of a vine weevil
but other weevils have this characteristic 'prong'.
Assassin bugs attack other insects and suck their juices, but are
not particularly beetle like in appearance and have a beak rather
than a long snout.
Regards
David T
"michael adams" wrote in message

"middleton.walker" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"pitmastonlady" wrote
in message news
Can anyone please tell me the difference in appearence between
a ground
Beatle and a Vine Weavel Beatle. Any help would be appreciated.

Two of these sites which contain pictures, are American but both
ground beetles and vine weevils are European imports to the
US - one more welcome than the other.

michael adam

spossibly as welcome as those imported blasted starlings and
sparrows..H ///////////starting typing here is a waste of time
because no one knows what you've said, you should start underneath
the last line of text..

No problem there. Just cut down all your trees and lay concrete
everywhere. No more troublesome wildlife to make your life a
misery.

Either that, or spray it, or shoot it.

Kill, kill, kill !///////////wifey won't let me so might ship 'em
back.....H

michael adams

There's no need for that... //////////why not...just a case of
getting your own back

Like here