Old 27-01-2003, 10:39 PM
snafu steve

Default vandals

"Phil & Diane Martin" wrote in message
Does anyone have any idea how to stop vandals breaking into our shed at

our
allotment.

Am getting very tired of mending the door

Are they nicking your stuff or just breaking in for the hell of it? A lock
on the door makes them think there's something worth having. Our shed on the
allotment is not locked, just an old nail through the hasp, and only the old
crap tools left there. Mind you, our allotment is fortunate to be very close
to the adjoining houses, one of whom is also an allotment holder (the
occupant, not the house) and we think this deters them. At least we've had
no trouble so far. I may be proved wrong one day.

If all else fails, rig up a device which will scare the hell out of them.
Someone I knew years ago had trip wires on the path to the shed, and opening
the door pulled a length of fishing line which in turn pulled a load of tin
cans from a shelf above the door.

Steve