Old 07-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Ohm

Default how to protect water plants, fish in winter ?

Hi

Iam planning to put a pond about 2000 gal next year. Iam planning on
doing all the work myself. My only questions is how to protect the
investment (plants, fishes) in the winter? Can I put plants and fishes
in stock tanks and keep them iside the garage with some flouracent
lights hanging above the tanks to provide light for the plants and fish
(comet, koy)? Probably I can setup some filters and air pumps too. Is
this good plan? Iam in the 5b zone and garage is not heated. Will it
cause any problem of algae growth in the water? or fungus affecting the
garage because of moisture from the taks?

Sam.