Old 08-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Tim Tompkins

Default different looking rose on an own roots rose

wrote in message
oups.com...
Gail wrote:

Sometimes a rose bush will throw out a different
color rose. I have a Variegata di Bologna whose
blooms are red and white striped, but reliably
produces pure red (or reddish pink) roses on
occasion. So I wouldn't worry about it but
would enjoy.

This good to know. I was worried that the mutation would take over the
whole rose like rootstock will with grafted roses.

Beth

The mutation Gail mentions are fairly common and usually refered to as
'sports'.

You MIGHT be able to get a full bush by rooting a cutting.

Tim