Old 28-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Martin Sykes

Default Tomato Grafting

"pronoun" wrote in message
news:vHpZ9.5650$pS2.340961@stones...
Hi All,

Thank you for your replies. I have sown the seeds, and if I understand, I
will get the equivalent of a heart transplant--rather than a hybrid (If it
all works out). What will the offspring of such a plant be? My guess:

half
the genes of the top bit (scion) and half of whatever pollinates it.

You can sometimes get hybrid shoots arising from the grafting point which
are a mix of the scion and the root stock. I don't know how common they are
and I've never seen one on sale but when grown on they are described as
Something + Something instead of Something x Something.

Martin