Old 08-11-2005, 09:31 AM
adavisus adavisus is offline
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I am also interested in the answer to this question. We have an
undercounter ice maker that wastes about 4 gallons of water per day. I
have routed the water outside so that I can put it to some good use. I
guess one such use might be a bog garden of sorts.

gb
You could try googling 'hardy bog plants'. Whatever you plant has to cope with quite severe freezing Winters and if the area really dries out through the heat of Summer, that will limit what could grow their

Some bog plants are big growers which you might not want too close to a house, possibly encouraging damp to affect the build, or even damage the structure. Bamboo and Yellow flag iris is quite capable of doing structural damage

If the water could be channeled a few feet away to a pond, with an overflow further going a safe distance, that might make for an attractive feature...

Regards, andy