Old 28-01-2003, 09:19 AM
andyp

Default paraffin and bind weed

I do not know about paraffin but my solution to bindweed.

Half fill jam jars with your preferred glyphosphate weed killer. Carefully
untwine the growing tips of the bind weed and insert at least 6"-8" complete
with leaves into the jam jar. Carefully rest the top on the jar and place on
the ground with a smallish stone on top to stop the lid coming off. (sink
the jar into the soil if there is a risk of it falling over). Leave the jar
there for the whole summer.

This method is especially useful when you cannot get to the roots due to
other plants or shrubs growing close-by.

After the first year I has got rid of most of the more vigorous bindweed,
all I do now is use one of those lipstick like spot weeders on any
subsequent weeds.

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates