Old 08-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Carol-Ann

Default White Cloudiness to Tank Water

"KStringer" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm very frustrated at this point because now I'm dealing with really
bad green water algae and the bacteria bloom (white cloudiness). I did
a small water change (about 20%) last night, in line with what's been
suggested to me to allow the bacteria to settle. Should I be attacking
the green water problem first or the bacteria bloom? The water's so
thick that I can see the currents moving through it. I can't imagine
that my fish are very comfortable with all of that in there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle these simultaneous
problems?

See my earlier post concerning Vortex Diatom Filters. I've had one for many
years. They'll remove BOTH the bacterial cloud and the algae. I think
"That Fish Place" still carries them or ask your local fish store if they
can order you one. They leave the water crystal clear. You only run them
a few hours, not 24/7 as they're water polishers.
--
Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: