Old 09-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Jerry Donovan

Default Outlook Express Filtering

"RedHawk" wrote in message
Jerry Donovan wrote:
I use Outlook Express (version 6) and found a way to do a
pretty good job of filtering most of the off topic posts in this
newsgroup.

For that; might as well start your own private group. Because of all the
crossposting garbage will scare newbies away. The converstaions will be
among regular die hards, who has heavy duty filters. And the group will
die. The best protection is kill filing Carol and her phony advice. She is
a fraud her opn rec.ponds as she was a fraud on misc.alternative health.

I have been (and still am) blocking anyone who posts a cross posted
off topic post. That helps only minimally, because it just gets the
basenote posters. I also tried filtering by titles that were off-topic,
but that was more work than it was worth.

I'm having trouble seeing what you are suggesting as better. Kill-filing
is just another method of filtering. This method is more thorough than
what you suggest because it removes all the cross posted basenotes
created and the cross-posted responses to those cross-posted threads.

This method seems to work best so far. YMMV

Jerry