Old 07-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Jerry Donovan

Default Outlook Express Filtering

I use Outlook Express (version 6) and found a way to do a
pretty good job of filtering most of the off topic posts in this
newsgroup.

This assumes that you are not interested in any posts cross-
posted to a certain outside newsgroup.

Add the newsgoup "alt.religion.jehovahs-witn". Leave it
unchecked in the synchronization settings. Now add a rule
to delete all postings to that group when they are downloaded.

From the menus, click Tools - Message Rules - News...
From the dialog, click on New.
From the next dialog, click on:
section 1 - "Where message is on specific newgroup"
section 2 - "Delete"
section 3 - "specified"
(then the newsgroup and "Ok" in the next dialog
section 4 - type in a name for the rule.

Click "Ok" in each dialog.

Now when a message arrives with the specified newsgroup
as part of the cross postings, it gets deleted.

There are two downsides.

One is that you have this extra newsgroup, but it empties
itself when you click on it but before you read it. Dealing
with an empty newsgroup is easier than wading through all
the cross-posted articles.

The second is that messages arriving after you do the
synchronization but before you read rec.ponds get past
the filter. This is somewhat rare.

Even with those downsides, it sure helps a lot in filtering
down to just the topics related to ponds.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

Old 08-11-2005, 12:25 AM
RedHawk

Jerry Donovan wrote:
I use Outlook Express (version 6) and found a way to do a
pretty good job of filtering most of the off topic posts in this
newsgroup.

For that; might as well start your own private group. Because of all the
crossposting garbage will scare newbies away. The converstaions will be
among regular die hards, who has heavy duty filters. And the group will
die. The best protection is kill filing Carol and her phony advice. She
is a fraud her opn rec.ponds as she was a fraud on misc.alternative health.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
~roy

Make sure you add the name Dawn to your kill files if yu really do
want to keep Carols posts to a minimum.........
She has as many user names and ISPs as she has had husbands.

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:28:59 GMT, "Jerry Donovan"
wrote:

==="RedHawk" wrote in message
=== Jerry Donovan wrote:
=== I use Outlook Express (version 6) and found a way to do a
=== pretty good job of filtering most of the off topic posts in this
=== newsgroup.
===
=== For that; might as well start your own private group. Because of all the
=== crossposting garbage will scare newbies away. The converstaions will be
=== among regular die hards, who has heavy duty filters. And the group will
=== die. The best protection is kill filing Carol and her phony advice. She is
=== a fraud her opn rec.ponds as she was a fraud on misc.alternative health.
===
===I have been (and still am) blocking anyone who posts a cross posted
===off topic post. That helps only minimally, because it just gets the
===basenote posters. I also tried filtering by titles that were off-topic,
===but that was more work than it was worth.
===
===I'm having trouble seeing what you are suggesting as better. Kill-filing
===is just another method of filtering. This method is more thorough than
===what you suggest because it removes all the cross posted basenotes
===created and the cross-posted responses to those cross-posted threads.
===
===This method seems to work best so far. YMMV
===
===Jerry
===

"The original frugal ponder"

Old 10-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Carol-Ann

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
Your suggestion works well. Lots of drivel disappears.

Jim

But you can't get rid of me you buffoon.

Carolyn Adamo Gulley
3245 North Lamar Road Mount Juliet TN 37122-7806
Phone 615-459-9345
Old 10-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Cracklin'

Default Outlook Express Filtering = Camden Police, 1 Police Plaze, Camden NJ 856-757-7400

A Jehovah's Witness from ARJ-W = Antonio L. Santana/Camden NJ forgery.

If Mr. Antonio L. Santana /Camden NJ tries to engage anyone in committing a
crime against
myself or my family they need to contact the Camden NJ Police
at: 856-757-7400 or 856-757-7420
Camden Police, 1 Police Plaze, Camden NJ 856-757-7400
=============================

From: Carol-Ann
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Subject: Outlook Express Filtering
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:25:11 -0500

Old 10-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Elaine

Default Outlook Express Filtering = another FORGERY BY ANTONIO L. SANTANA of Camden NJ.

The HEADERS show this message is another FORGERY BY ANTONIO L. SANTANA of
Camden NJ.

A Jehovah's Witness from ARJ-W = Antonio L. Santana/Camden NJ forgery.

If Mr. Antonio L. Santana /Camden NJ tries to engage anyone in committing a
crime against
myself or my family they need to contact the Camden NJ Police
at: 856-757-7400 or 856-757-7420

Camden Police, 1 Police Plaze, Camden NJ 856-757-7400

The perpatrator is:
Antonio L Santana of 3072 Constitution Road
Camden N.J. (856) 962-9003