Old 09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
~roy

Default Outlook Express Filtering

Make sure you add the name Dawn to your kill files if yu really do
want to keep Carols posts to a minimum.........
She has as many user names and ISPs as she has had husbands.

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:28:59 GMT, "Jerry Donovan"
wrote:

==="RedHawk" wrote in message
=== Jerry Donovan wrote:
=== I use Outlook Express (version 6) and found a way to do a
=== pretty good job of filtering most of the off topic posts in this
=== newsgroup.
===
=== For that; might as well start your own private group. Because of all the
=== crossposting garbage will scare newbies away. The converstaions will be
=== among regular die hards, who has heavy duty filters. And the group will
=== die. The best protection is kill filing Carol and her phony advice. She is
=== a fraud her opn rec.ponds as she was a fraud on misc.alternative health.
===
===I have been (and still am) blocking anyone who posts a cross posted
===off topic post. That helps only minimally, because it just gets the
===basenote posters. I also tried filtering by titles that were off-topic,
===but that was more work than it was worth.
===
===I'm having trouble seeing what you are suggesting as better. Kill-filing
===is just another method of filtering. This method is more thorough than
===what you suggest because it removes all the cross posted basenotes
===created and the cross-posted responses to those cross-posted threads.
===
===This method seems to work best so far. YMMV
===
===Jerry
===

"The original frugal ponder"