Old 28-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Stephen Birchall

Default vandals

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:17:17 GMT, "Phil & Diane Martin"
wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how to stop vandals breaking into our shed at our
allotment.

Am getting very tired of mending the door

While I wouldn't recomend it, a friend of mine was having trouble with
scumbags breaking into his lockup, he sacrificed a few nights to
sitting in his lockup with his shot gun. When they finally showed up
he was sitting there with the gun pointing at them. He pointed out
that it was His lockup and that he would be quite upset if it was
broken into again. After that he could have left the door open with a
big stack of cash in full view without the least problem.
Persuade the toerags that they're not going to benifit from robbing
you and they may well not bother.

We used to next to a recreation park and had some bother with a crowd of
youths lobbing stones over the hedge toward the greenhouse. I came out
one evening, walked over to the group, whipped out a camera - flash - and
walked off again (I'm not into verbal exchanges). It certainly worked
that time, as we didn't have any problems after that.
Perhaps a flash going off if an intruder opened the door ?

Steve