Old 10-11-2005, 03:23 PM
La puce

Default Jackdaws to Buzzards

Malcolm wrote:
And buildings of all kinds, but they do use some natural sites,
including the following which I've found: hollow trees, or hollow
branches, small caves in inland and coastal cliffs, and even in the
space left by an upturned tree.

We've just finished doing our loft a couple of weeks ago and I got
concerned we wouldn't be visited by the owls anymore. We're still
unsure exactly where they nested, because we found lots of bits, bones,
feathers in a minute little space. It's amazing the tiny space they
use! They were not there last year, at least I didn't hear them, but
the year before I could here them coming in and out but hooting loud
and clear. I think they'll come back because we've left 1.5m width from
our first partition wall and the insulation walls. I wanted to put up
boxes but we thought we'd give them instead the whole run of the roof
edges )